Thursday, March 7, 2013

Recipe Review: Crockpot Creamy Italian Chicken

I have made this recipe a couple of times before and thought I had blogged about it... 
but apparently I hadn't!
I must!

This has made it on to our regular rotation of crockpot meals. We usually have a crockpot meal every Wednesday, so we have had this one a few times since I pinned it back in the fall. It's super easy and very yummy! I don't remember if the source below is the original one from Pinterest, as the link I pinned will no longer work! Boo! But, it's the same recipe! Yum!

I made it a little different this time because I was running late! Go figure! 

INGREDIENTS:
4-5 chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken soup (I used fat free)
1 brick cream cheese (I used light)
1 packet Italian Seasoning Dressing Mix
1 package Egg Noodles (I used whole wheat)

Place chicken breasts in bottom of crockpot.
Combine soup and cream cheese together. Mix in dressing mix.
Top chicken breasts with soup/cream cheese mixture.
Cook on low about 6-7 hours.
Shred chicken and mix together slightly.
Serve over noodles.

Goes great served with a salad!

**Short cut - Yesterday when I made this I forgot to throw it together as we were running out the door to the dentist. I quickly thru the chicken breasts (frozen) into crockpot with 1-2 cups water. I cooked on low while we were gone... about 2 hours. When I got home I drained about 3/4 of the water and then add soup mixture to top. It was still very yummy!

Next time I am going to try it with THIS homemade soup base!

No comments:

Post a Comment