Yesterday I whipped up these yummy Chicken Rice Taco Bowls for dinner!
I had made them once before and thought they were super yummy...
best thing is that they cook all day in the Crock Pot! Even better!
Ingredients
4 Chicken Breasts (mine were frozen)
1 can Black Beans - drained
1 c. Frozen Corn
1c. Salsa
1/2 packet Low-Sodium Taco Seasoning
Cooked Rice - We prefer brown rice
Taco Toppings of your choice - We used shredded cheese & avocado
Directions
Add Chicken Breasts (frozen if desired) to Crock Pot.
Top with Black Beans & Salsa
Sprinkle with Taco Seasoning.
Add about 1/2c.-1c. water. Just enough to cover.
Cook on low 5-6 hours.
Remove lid and shred chicken. Mix all together. Add corn. Mix.
Let cook/warm for at least 30 minutes or so.
Cook rice, if you have not done so.
To Serve
Add about 1/2 cup rice to bowl.
Top with chicken mixture. Add toppings.
Enjoy!
This recipe would also be a good taco filling!
Freeze leftovers.
By the way... Sorry I never have pictures of my recipes. I am really bad at remembering to take pictures of recipes. And let's face it, many crockpot recipes are not that appealing to look at! Ha! They taste great and that is all that matters! So forgive me. I will work on this!
Source: I Heart Naptime































Hi Sarah,
ReplyDeleteYour recipe is great and look forward to following all your posts.I hope you will take a moment to check out my Cookie Bouquet recipe on my blog. I’m a grandmom that loves to bake cookies for grandkid hugs. Thanks, Neva